Securing Law Firm Data in the Cloud
Security is a big question when law firms consider going to the cloud. Legal Workspace has extensive expertise with legal software and workflow, and security is just as important. Our cloud solution was designed to offer greater security than most firms could afford to purchase on their own.
Preventing Law Firm Data Breaches
Many lawyers think their clients’ data is safe on their laptops or servers at their office, but approximately three quarters of data breaches occur from theft or loss. Encrypting laptops, servers and phones can help protect against this, but most firms are not willing to take on the inconvenience and extra expense.
The majority of the remaining data breaches come from the Internet. We have built a fortress to protect your data and here are some (but not all) of the key defenses:
- Data not stored on any remote device: applications and data only accessible when logged in to Legal Workspace
- Two (SOC 3, SSAE 16) data centers located near our offices in Colorado and Texas
- Private, secure connection between the two sites
- Private hardware that can only be accessed by our specially trained personnel—no third party has access to your data
- Physical access through multi-factor identification, which is logged, plus video recording of the equipment housing your data and applications
- Encryption of data both in transit and at rest
- Two-factor authentication for clients to access their environments
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) monitored by our specially trained security personnel
- Logged access to all files, folders and resources in the data center which are regularly reviewed
- Aggressive updates of all firmware and software to stay ahead of vulnerabilities
Protect Confidential HIPAA Information
Law firms that access, store or transmit protect health information—or have clients or business partners that do—must meet the special requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
To accommodate those firms, Legal Workspace offers its HIPAA Compliant Edition (HCE). To the end user, the HCE appears the same, and it uses our already highly secure and protected environment as its foundation. But the HCE adds the specific security and procedural enhancements you need to ensure HIPAA compliance. This additional protection can offer greater peace of mind to any law firm.
Worry-Free Security for Legal Software and Data
Encryption, secure data centers, authentication protocols, intrusion monitoring: Complex IT considerations can make your head spin. Even if you have an IT department or person dedicated to managing those issues, it’s tough to stay on top of the latest threats.
Legal Workspace takes care of all of it, and it’s simple to make the switch. We’ll help you make the best decisions for your firm, and within a few days, we can migrate your data and applications. We worry about security. You worry about practicing law.